Saturday, January 7, 2012

A great Saturday night cooking with my husband!

So far this has been a great weekend. It started off with my husband calling and getting a sitter and then surprising me by taking me out to eat and to get some new baking supplies. This was very relaxing for us considering the four little ones we have running around. Then Saturday night we did some cooking in the kitchen together which I absolutely love! He decided to create a homemade pizza. It was delicious. The crust could be used for so many different things. This recipe could also be used just to dip in your favorite sauce or if you are more like me just to eat alone. I decided to bake Lemon cupcakes with a Raspberry frosting and I added cut up fruit slices for the kids. Not only did they add color but my husband and kids thought they were a huge hit. I hope you enjoy!

Lemon Cupcakes

 3 C flour
 1 tbsp. baking powder
 1 C butter (room temperature)
 2 C sugar
 1/2 tsp. salt
 4 eggs
 1/2 tsp. lemon extract
 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
 1 C buttermilk
 2 Tbsp. Lemon juice
 1/2 C cut up candy fruit slices (make sure to same some for decorating)

First preheat your oven to 325 degrees

 1. In your mixer cream your butter and sugar until they are fluffy. Then you are going to add your eggs one at a time making sure to mix well after each addition.

 2. Then mix in your lemon and vanilla extracts

 3. Whisk together your flour, baking powder, and salt

 4. Add your four mixture and alternate it with your buttermilk and lemon juice.

 5. Chop up your candy fruit slices and add them to the mixture.

 6. Bake for 22-24 minutes

Frosting

 2 1/2 C confectioners sugar
 1/2 C butter (softened)
 1 Tablespoon Raspberry extract
 1 Tablespoon milk ( add more milk until you get desired consistency)
Cream your butter and confectioners sugar until its light and fluffy. Then add your milk and raspberry extract. Garnish with candied fruit slices or whatever you desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment