Saturday, January 14, 2012

Cupcakes Cupcakes Cupcakes

Hello again! Its been awhile since I have posted. This has been a very busy week. Along with my baking I am teaching myself how to crochet. So for it has been a blast. My daughters like it because I have begun making clothes for their dolls. I plan to post some pictures of my finished work later on in the week. Tonight I am going to be posting some of my new creations. After some thought about each of my children and my husband I decided to do a few different cupcakes. One for each member of my house. This was actually very simple. I used a vanilla cupcake recipe that I found online and I added my own special things to each cupcake. What was also nice about this is I only had to make the batter one time and I just divided it up and added every ones special treats to their batter.

Vanilla Cupcakes

 2 c flour
 1 1/2 c sugar
 3 teaspoons baking powder
 1/2 teaspoon salt
 4 egg whites
 1/2 c shortening
 1 c milk
 2 eggs
 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla

First preheat your oven to 350 degrees
 1. Mix your four, sugar, baking powder, salt, shortening, vanilla, and milk in mixer on low speed for about 2 minutes
 2. Then add your egg whites and mix on high speed for about 2 to 3 minutes until it becomes fluffy.
 3. Add candy's and treats of your choice. I chose crushed Lemon Heads, crushed Boston Baked Beans, cut up gummies bears, and crushed up butterfingers. Now with this recipe unless you want very large over lapping cupcakes make sure to only fill them halfway.
 4. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes

For my icing I used a meringue recipe I found online also.

 3 Tablespoons meringue powder
 1/2 c cold water
 2 c sugar
 1/4 c corn syrup
 1/2 c cold water
Beat the meringue powder and 1/2 c cold water until it is stiff. This usually takes me about 6 minutes. Then in a saucepan bring to a boil your corn syrup, sugar, and other 1/2 c cold water. Once this begins to boil remove it from the heat and let it cool for 2 to 3 minutes. Then slowly add it to your meringue mixture while beating it on high speed for 4 minutes.
Then frost them however you like and decorate. My husbands favorite was the lemon head cupcake. I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment